REGULAR PRE-SHOW TASKS
(See Who’s Who for names of who does what, and a list of our Board of Directors)
- Coordinates booking of main acts with the assistance of a booking committee.
- Negotiates the details of the contract.
Once the main acts are booked, PL takes care of signing and returning contracts. For opening acts, we don’t use contracts, but PL sends a “letter of agreement” with all pertinent information. Before each show, the Performer Liaison:
- Confirms with main & opening acts: arrival time, show time, length of show, details of contract
- For CWB, confirms they’ll play without sound system.
- For other sites, has main act arrive 2 hours before doors open and opening act 1 hour before doors open for sound check (later ok if it’s a solo act or easy sound check)
- Finds out housing needs and lets housing host coordinator know
- Sends directions
- Takes care of any special needs
- Lets show manager, asst manager, and host know what performer’s plans are
- Gives a copy of the contract to the show manager
- Gives a copy of performer bio to emcee
At-Show Volunteer Coordinator
- Lines up all show-night volunteers
- Posts to abcd-l a list of volunteers for each show
- Show manager then confirms with each volunteer the week of the show.
Baking Volunteer Coordinator
- Lines up people to bake for each show.
- Posts the list to abcd-l.
- We need 1 baker for every 20-25 audience members.
- Lines up people to host performers.
- Prints and distributes tickets to ticket outlets
- Calls ticket outlets mid-week and show morning to check on ticket sales
- Tracks ticket sales and payments to outlets
- Post to Brewlist/Facebook/Twitter/Website to advertise show
- Gets copy of main and opener bios to emcee
- Calls Folk DJ before folk calendar with ticket status
- Send press releases with photos to local newspapers for each show
- For larger shows, or those where ticket sales are lagging, post artist’s promo material in local shops & PSU bulletin boards.
- Design and print season postcard and show posters
- Interface with hosting service (ISP) on any website issues.
- Maintain domain name registration, and ISP account(s)
- Update website each season and as needed during the season
- Manage E-Tix site
- Manage Paypal payment site
- Manage Contact Us page and php scripts used by patrons and others to send mail to volunteers.
Opening Act Coordinator
- Selects and books opening acts with the assistance of a booking committee.
- Negotiates details of the contract.