Two for the Brew Festival (1:30-8:30 PM)
Join the Acoustic Brew for a mini folk music festival we’re calling “Two for the Brew”, featuring banjo and fiddle workshops with two legendary musicians, folk jams, a concert double-header, and more on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at the Boal Museum Amphitheatre and grounds.
- 1:30-3:00 PM (Instrumental workshops). Instrumental masters Bruce Molsky (fiddle) and Tony Trischka (banjo) will host separate space-limited workshops for musicians who want to take their playing to the next level. Pre-Registration is required, and you will want to register early as places are limited. $30 (workshop only).
- 3:15-4:15 PM (Folk Jam). Come and Jam as our pre-show entertainment! Bring your guitar, mandolin, autoharp, etc., and join the banjo and fiddle players practicing what they learned with Bruce and Tony! Don’t play an instrument? Feel free to join as a listener. Free to all and open to the public.
- 4:30-6:00 PM (Concert), folk legends Bruce Molsky and Tony Trischka perform indoors in the Boal Barn Great Room. $20 or $30 for both concerts (no workshop). Click for details.
- 6:00-7:00 PM (Picnic). Picnic or enjoy a short hike on the 3.5 miles of trails on the Boal Estate grounds. Free to all and open to the public.
- 7:00-8:30 PM (Concert). The Resonant Rogues, a trio from Asheville, NC perform indoors in the Boal Barn Great Room. $20 or $30 for both concerts (no workshop). Click for details.
Two for the Brew on October 2 is underwritten by the generous donations from Nittany Mountain Trail Rides, Inc. and G.P. Audio.
Huge thanks go out to R.B., Bridget, David and George Powell for making this event possible.