We’ll be outside, physically distanced, on the Lemont Village Green, directly behind the Center for Well Being. Please see below for our pandemic safety policies and protections. Seating will be limited and while we are offering these concerts for free, tickets are required (limit, 4 per order), and we ask that make a donation if you are able. Click on the Reserve button to save your space.
Combining tradition with innovation, Simple Gifts creates some of the finest arrangements in folk music today: swing fiddle creeps into a Romanian dance, spoons show up in an Irish reel, and a blues lick introduces a Klezmer melody. Drawing on an impressive variety of ethnic folk styles, this award-winning duo plays everything from lively Irish jigs and down-home American reels to hard-driving Klezmer frailachs and haunting Gypsy melodies, spicing the mix with the distinctive rhythms of Balkan dance music, the lush sounds of Scandinavian twin fiddling, and original compositions written in a traditional style.
“Few musicians can match the warmly personal stage presence Simple Gifts possesses. Their performances are noted for the infectious enthusiasm and sprinkling of good humor that come through.” —Jennifer O’Callaghan, Celtic Classic Festival, Bethlehem PA.
Information about our Fall concerts and COVID-19 safety measures.We all miss our Acoustic Brew gatherings. We miss seeing familiar, friendly faces and we miss the uplifting experience of enjoying great live music together.
Since March, the crew of volunteers that run our Acoustic Brew Concert Series have been exploring ways to bring you the music that you love and keep you safe.
The Center for Well Being is a great place for music, but we cannot arrange the space to keep everyone safe. So, here is our plan:
- The Lemont Village Green is large enough for us to fit up to 72 people with social distancing.
- We are inviting all of our Acoustic Brew regulars (this email is your invitation), but will not advertise these concerts to the general public or on the radio until next week, if necessary. The shows will run 60-75 mins without an intermission. If it rains, we will cancel the show – there won’t be a rain date.
- There will be a few other changes to the way we do things. Since we are outside, you will need to provide your own chairs if you want them and you can bring food and drink if you’d like.
- Brew Volunteers, wearing Acoustic Brew t-shirts, will act as ushers to help everyone with social distance seating and the wearing of masks as we get settled in chairs or on blankets.
- There is a Port-o-Potty on site with hand sanitizer, but running the shows straight through will make it more feasible to use your restroom at home and to return home before you need a bathroom again!
- We are still paying the artists, plus the cost of the sound system and a donation to the Lemont Village Association for the use of the Green.
- Please order tickets in advance here. Our usual ticket prices are around $20, but we are offering these concerts for free. We ask you to click on the Add Donation button when you are checking out and make a tax-deductible contribution of whatever you can afford. If your income has been reduced, please pay what is appropriate for you. If your financial situation allows, and you can do a little extra to help cover expenses, we appreciate any contributions.
- We will let you know through the Brewlist if the concert is “sold out”. If you pay at the “door”, we will have donation baskets in several places around the Village Green the night of the concerts.